Geoff Robson found this video on the peHUPwebsite. It is a interview with Keith Rabois who is an angel investor in Silicon Valley. In the current calendar year, Keith has closed nine deals and has three to five pending. Last year he closed nine deals. He certainly has his finger on the pulse of early stage companies. In this 22 minute video Keith covers these points and others:
- The best entrepreneurs are isolated from the crowd
- Angel capital seems to be increasing and one driver is a lack of other places to invest right now
- Exits in the angel capital space are in the $20 to $30 million range right now
- There is a current 5 - 10 year horizon on liquidity (exits)
- He gives great advice on how entrepreneurs should interview potential angels
- Entrepreneurs should learn to love chaos
- Although Keith focuses on web based startups. he has some experience with tech based companies as well.
- He believes Apple is driving a change in the use of the internet through the iPad. There is a huge opportunity for applications.
This interview is a great insight into the thought process of a very active angel investor. Bear in mind this is the West Coast but much of it applies universally.